Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Shalisa Wilson

Meet Miss Shalisa Wilson, 
a Rookie to the Haiti Mission Trip!

Shalisa and Kristina work promotions together!
Shalisa graduated from St. Louis Park Senior High in 2006, and from Concordia University, St. Paul in 2010. She is currently working full-time for a home health care company, but aspires to someday work for (or even open) a marketing/ special events company that consistently gives to philanthropies and non-profits. I hope that Shalisa's experience in Haiti will continue to lead her towards this inspiring dream!


Going to Haiti will check off one of this rookie's "By Age 25" goals! Shalisa has informed me that serving in a third world country has been on her heart, and she is looking forward to the opportunity to strengthen her relationship with God. Shalisa says, "I'm excited for this trip and will use it as a stepping stone for some of my long term goals!" 


I am very blessed to have Shalisa join me on this trip! I met Shalisa through promotional work a little over a year ago.  When we met, I was drawn to her energetic personality and her humble heart. Naturally, Haiti came up in conversation while working together. Shalisa was very interested in the mission work I was doing in Haiti and wanted to learn more about serving there. In the fall of 2011, I sent Shalisa an e-mail with all the information about Healing Haiti in hopes that she would sign up for an upcoming trip. Shalisa continued to follow my Haiti experiences, and when she found out I was leading a trip in June 2012...she instantly jumped on the opportunity.... taking the leap of faith to answer the calling she heard on her heart to serve in Haiti. I am so excited for Shalisa to experience Haiti first-hand! She will be the first of my promotional friends and co-workers to join me on this humbling journey to the poorest country in the western hemisphere.. and I hope her experience will encourage others to answer the calling! 


Please lift Shalisa up in prayer as she prepares her heart and her mind for what she is about to witness. I ask that God will provide for emotional, spiritual, and physical needs during this profound experience. 

2 comments:

  1. Shalisa I'll be praying that you draw your strength from our loving Father while you grow closer to Him on this trip!

    ReplyDelete