Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Sara Ross (Co-leader)

     Meet Sara Ross: one of the two co-leaders 
on this young adult mission team. 


Sara with the kids in Cite Soleil, Haiti October 2011. 


The kids of Cite Soleil love Sara's attention!! (March 2012)

Sara graduated from Mounds View High School in 2000 and the University of St. Thomas in 2004 with a bachelors degrees in business management & psychology. Currently, Sara works part-time at Balance for Life (a small fitness studio), but is primarily a stay- at- home mom with her adorable 4 year old daughter.
God called Sara to Haiti through a friend that went to Haiti on an Eagle Brook Church mission group a year and a half ago. Upon returning home from Haiti, Sara's friend asked her to go with on an October 2011 trip. Sara proclaims that God answered the request with a resounding YES! She didn't really know what exactly got her so interested in Haiti other than the calling God placed on her heart to serve there. Sara's life- changing trip to Haiti in October was the first time that she had ever been to a 3rd world country, but not the last!! God continues to call Sara to Haiti; she had the opportunity to travel back to Haiti in March and will now be serving as a co-leader with our mission team this June.  
 Sara says, "The Haitian people are simply amazing."... and they really are!! Many of us that have been to Haiti would agree with Sara! There is a lot to learn from those living in absolute poverty. 
I am truly blessed to lead with Sara by my side. God placed Sara in my life out of nowhere; I received an e-mail several months ago from a Healing Haiti trip coordinator with an inquiry for a spot on my team.  Several e-mails later, and Sara was on my team. Within a few months, Sara went from being a team member to being a co-lead for the team. God placed Sara on my path for a much bigger purpose than I am able to see or understand now, but I know she will be a great asset in areas of leadership I fall short. I look forward to working and serving beside Sara over the next month!! 
I ask you to lift Sara up in prayer as she prepares for Haiti and as she helps co-lead our team. May God provide for her needs. 

1 comment:

  1. What a great example you are setting for you darling little girl!

    ReplyDelete