Monday, May 21, 2012

Anthony Edholm

Meet Mr. Anthony Edholm, 
one of our two wonderful men on this mission team! 



Anthony Edholm grew-up in  Andover, Minnesota, and graduated from Totino-Grace high school in 2007. After graduating high school, Anthony moved  to Omaha, Nebraska to attend college at Creighton University. He recenetly graduated in the pre-med program with a degree in Biophysics. Anthony says, "I  chose to go to Creighton because of its outstanding medical school. Being a pre-med student at the same university gave me an opportunity to experience the medical field in ways that most pre-meds would have not been able to." Anthony's ultimate goal is to be a physician, specifically an oncologist. He has recently decided to defer medical school and accept a job offer from Teach for America as a high school physics teacher in Los Angeles, California. Teaching will provide Anthony an opportunity to shine his light and encourage the heart of our youth, and I know he will be able to touch many young students' lives. After teaching, Anthony plans on returning to Creighton University School of Medicine to complete the final steps towards his career aspirations.    


Anthony and I were friends in high school, and have remained in-touch over the years. Anthony became really interested in Haiti after seeing all my pictures and hearing stories from my trips. He says to me about Haiti," I am certain that this is something that I need to experience!" When Anthony told me he wanted to come with me on my June mission trip, his voice was full of excitement and confidence.. there was no way he was going to turn down this opportunity to travel to a third world country for the first time and to serve in the poorest country in the western hemisphere. I know the kids in Haiti will love Anthony's positive energy and caring heart. I am so blessed to be able to serve next to this kind-hearted man and to watch his Haiti journey unfold! 


Please lift Anthony up in prayer as he continues to prepare for his heart for Haiti! May God provide for his needs at this time!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment