Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Jane Margolis

Meet this Rookie-- Jane Margolis 


Jane and I became really good friends senior year of high school!


Jane graduated from Totino Grace High School in 2007, and from the University of Minnesota December 2011 with a degree in Sociology. Currently, Jane works for the Sociology department at the U of MN doing research on childhood illness and financial success. In addition to her work at the U of MN, Jane also works as a nanny for two awesome families! In the fall, Jane will be starting  a 2 year master's program at Boston College with hopes to eventually achieve her Ph.D.  Jane would one day like to become a sociology professor at a college or university!


 Jane informed me that she has always wanted to go abroad to do a service trip, but the timing had never been right and/or her nerves controlled her commitment to go... until now! Jane had been following all my Haiti posts and pictures on facebook since the beginning of my Haiti experience. When I had started recruiting people to bring down to Haiti, Jane felt that the time was perfect to cease the opportunity and to travel with people she knew to do mission work. This will be Jane's first time to Haiti, but she has been to other countries like Chile and Argentina.  Jane says, "I know those countries are not as troubled as Haiti, but being there definitely opened my eyes to how people outside of the US live!" 


I am so blessed that Jane has answered the call to serve with me in Haiti this June. Jane and I went to high school together and became really good friends during the end of our junior year. Our friendship blossomed as I was captivated by Jane's lively, energetic spirit and her caring heart. No matter what kind of day I was having, Jane always knew how to put a smile on my face! She really helped me through some tough times. Our paths went separate ways as we both went off to college, but stayed in touch intermittently throughout that season of our lives. When Jane had contacted me about coming on my June Haiti trip, I was so excited!! Not only would I have the chance to serve next to this strong hearted woman, but I would be able to reconnect with an old friend!! When we met for coffee a few months ago to talk about trip details, I knew Jane was going to be an awesome addition to the team! ...Jane will be able to put a smile on many of the Haitian's faces... just like she has done for me! I look forward to watching her create her own Haiti experience and to watching her break WIDE OPEN!!! 


Please lift Jane up in prayer as she prepares for this incredibly Haiti experience. May God provide for her every need during this time of preparation!! 

1 comment:

  1. Jane, I love that you waited for God's timing. It is always perfect. Praying for you and the team!

    ReplyDelete