Friday, May 4, 2012

Samantha Johnson

Meet Samantha Johnson, a rookie to the 
whole Haiti experience! 

Sam at her college graduation party! 


Sam and Kristina at the First Annual Healing Haiti Sweetheart Ball!
Friends for over 18 years!! 

Sam graduated from Totino Grace High school in 2007 and Iowa State University in 2011 with a degree in technical communications. She has worked at St. Jude Medical in St. Paul for a year now as a medical technical writer.  (I may have to consider hiring her as being my personal editor!)

Not only will this rookie be traveling to Haiti for her first time, traveling to Haiti will be Sam's first trip outside of the USA!! Sam says, "I'm really excited to follow Jesus' footsteps in Haiti, but very nervous because I've always been very sheltered and comfortable and this experience will force me to be outside of my comfort zone." Sam's love for singing, laughing, dancing, and enthusiasm for life will make it easy for her to connect to the Haitian people!!

Sam and I have been friends since kindergarten. We've grown up together and have remained the best of friends over the years. She has watched me experience Haiti time and time again... she has heard my stories, seen my pictures, read my blogs, and supported me every step of the way. When Sam heard that I was leading a trip to Haiti in June, she took the leap of faith to join the team. From the very early stages of the trip formation, Sam had been preparing her heart and her mind for witnessing things that would make her uncomfortable. I am so very blessed that she has taken the courage to experience Haiti for herself... rather than just experiencing it through me. I am excited to watch her break WIDE OPEN and to be able to serve beside her. I could not ask God for such a more beautiful experience to add to our lifelong friendship.

I ask you to lift Sam up in prayer as she prepares herself to be completely broken. May she find comfort in the Lord and through her teammates as she witnesses some truly heartbreaking and uncomfortable circumstances. May God give her what she needs as she continues to prepare her heart and mind.

1 comment:

  1. Sam I love your courage and trust in Jesus! What a blessing to share this with your bestie.

    ReplyDelete