Thursday, April 4, 2013

Alex Detrick


Introducing to you: Alex Detrick






Hi everyone,

I'm Alex Detrick. I'm excited to be joining you all on my second mission trip to Haiti. The first was with my church in 1995. After the earthquake in 2010, I decided to raise money to help earthquake victims. During one of my events, participants were able to buy solar lanterns. Kristina was kind enough to bring them down for me last year which is how I was introduced to Healing Haiti. By day, I'm an engineer for Sprint. During my free time, I run a local non-profit called Sol Inspirations. I also enjoy camping, traveling and running marathons.



If you are interested learning more about Alex's non-profit, check out the website: http://www.sol-inspirations.org/. Sol Inspiration has its origins from a fundraiser fashion show for Haiti. However, the overall mission was created on the bases of Alex's personal experiences of witnessing, firsthand, sweatshops as a child to being interested in renewable and solar energy. The mission of the organization is to educate consumers and advocate for responsible fashion for the world. 

Alex's concern for social justice and his passion for sustainability will provide insightful contributions to our young adult mission team this June! 

Consider financially supporting Alex's mission trip to Haiti by clicking: Healing Haiti: Suport a Short Term  Missionary. All donations are 100% tax-deductible!

Thank you in advance for all the support for Alex!

-Kristina DeMuth and Sara Ross
(Team Leaders)

No comments:

Post a Comment