Thursday, June 7, 2012

REFRESHED

Today was our second water truck day. We made two stops and both were signs of being refreshed. We refreshed the children and families in the streets with clean water, but they also refreshed us. They refreshed us with their love and smiles. 


I was completely and utterly blown away by the children at the second stop. They were showering in the streets; they were so happy to have this clean water. Their faces just spoke to me saying, "Ahhh, I'm refreshed." But what they did to me was what really blew me away. I had a small amount of dirt on my legs and the small children wanted to use the last of their water in their bucket on ME! I told them "No, merci! No merci!" They are so beautiful and selfless that it brought tears to my eyes.


I cannot be more thankful and blessed that I am experiencing Haiti. There is no place I'd rather be right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment