Saturday, June 2, 2012

Incredibly Blessed- A Message from the Leader




Our Team ... just missing Anthony and Lauren! 


As I sit here thinking about the next week ahead, tears began to fill up in my eyes. God has blessed me so incredibly much...and I could NOT be any more thankful!! He has blessed me with a wonderful team of young adults and a supportive network of friends and family. I am absolutely blown away by the number of people who have stepped up to support this team with financial donations, with in-kind donations, and with countless prayers and words of encouragement. Thank you so much to EVERYONE that has blessed this team..... you can be assured that these blessings will flow right through us and bless the lives of the people we will be serving this coming week in Haiti. 

God has been preparing me for the past year and half for leading this team to Haiti. He has allowed me the opportunity to grow as an individual through my own personal trials, through observation of other mission leaders on my countless trips to Haiti, and through development of my leadership style as a faith formation leader for 9th graders at my church. I often times feel "unprepared"... "undeserving" to be called to lead, but God's calling for me to lead a young adult group to Haiti is not by accident. He has chosen me to lead... He has put full confidence in me, and I must TRUST these plans He has for me. By His grace alone, I know He will give me the strength, confidence, and guidance I need to lead... and to lead in a way that will ONLY BRING HIM GLORY. 

As I keep telling my team, I am so blessed to have each and everyone of them be apart of this experience. I am blessed that they have taken up the calling to serve with me... and I look forward to sharing with them the place that has BROKEN my heart WIDE open... the place that has changed the lenses I see through... the place that has become my home away from home... and the place that has put me back on track with the PLANS the LORD has for my life.

Please continue to keep our team in your thoughts and prayers throughout the next week. Pray that the Lord will provide us with His grace and protection.. that He will use us in many incredible ways... and that HE BREAKS EACH OF US OPEN TO BE USED AS HIS VESSEL.


We are prepared to BE HIS HANDS AND FEET to reach out to those living in absolute poverty. 

Father God,
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for all that YOU have given to us! Thank you for writing this week in Haiti on all of our hearts!! Continue to prepare our hearts and our minds for the incredible plans you have for us during our experience in Haiti. Provide us with your grace and protection while we serve our brothers and sisters living in absolute poverty. Let us see your face in every child that we hold, every person we encounter, every mouth that we feed.... give us the courage to serve YOU through every opportunity that arises. Help us to lay our fears, anxieties, and negative self-esteem at your feet.... so that YOU can turn them into courage, strength, and confidence. Never let us become too complacent or too comfortable...  we don't want to lose sight of YOU and the PURPOSE YOU have for us. And may we ALWAYS seek to bring YOU the glory!!!!! 


GOD BLESS YOU ALL, 


-Kristina DeMuth 


Ladies working on packing donations

WOW! LOOK AT ALL THIS!!!

Plenty of Underwear for the kiddios!



Taking care of business. 

Our fearless weigher!!! --- Looking great with a pink suitcase! 

And everything is in the bags.... We are ready to GO!!!!




1 comment:

  1. Great job guys! I promise to keep you all in my prayers and congratulations on going forth with the work and will of God. He loves you, as do I. :)

    ReplyDelete